Friday, July 16, 2010

Nutrisystem journey: Day 2

I desperately need to lose this baby weight. It's almost embarrassing to say that I gained almost 60lbs when I was pregnant with Easton. Saying that I took being pregnant as an excuse to eat is an understatement. Sooo..I am trying Nutrisystem! I started yesterday. It was a hard day for me. You have your nutrisystem meals, plus you add in dairy, protein, fruit and LOTS of vegetables. The vegetables are the hard part for me. I'm not a big veggie eater. Unless it's corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, or a salad with cheese, ranch and croutons. I went to the store and bought a bunch of salad and fruit and stuff..and started my journey. The breakfast wasn't to bad. The lunch was gross. The nutrisystem website has a bunch of forums of members and how they "doctor up" the food to make it more palatable. It has a lot of good ideas on it. Why is dieting so freaking hard for me??? I LOVE food. I love making food. I love everything about food. Which is why I am in this situation in the first place. I also HATE exercise. It makes me nauseous to think about getting on that treadmill in the bonus room. (Plus the air conditioner in there is broken, and I'm still having hot flashes all the time..which makes it almost unbearable ) My younger sister Joni, has recently become a workout queen. She started doing these workout video's and looks amazing! She is always willing to flex her arms and show you her new muscle definition, if you want to see it. :-) She keeps telling me "muscle burns fat...lift weights!" Ugh. I don't even own any weights. I don't know why doing something just for 30 min a day sounds so impossible to me. You would think as much as I dislike my body right now, that I would be all over some exercise. It's just me. My husband gained some weight with me during the pregnancy. Of course he's already lost it. All he did was stop eating Taco Bell a couple times a week. ARGH!! Oh, and I don't even own a scale. I guess I need to buy one to be able to chronicle this exciting journey. I have 38 lbs to lose to get to where I was when I got pregnant. Here we go...

6 comments:

  1. I hate how easy it is for guys to lose weight, so not fair! It's so hard for me to get and stay motivated about exercising. I had been doing great but this week I have not exercised even once! Good luck on Nutrisystem, I know quite a few people who it has worked for!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've done it before so you can do it again!! Once the weight starts coming off and you see results the eating and exercise will become easier. You'll hear Chalene tell you this, but write down your goals and you will have a better chance of meeting them. She also says tell people about them, so blogging about it is a good thing! It will help hold you accountable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need someone to wave the weight loss wand over my head!

    I was involved in an auto accident in Jan 2009, and I was bedridden, causing me to gain lots and lots of icky weight. And I had just worked my butt off to lose my pregnancy gain!!! Sucks.

    So I am in a similar boat. And I also struggle with veggies. Go figure...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl, I have faith in you! The only things that have worked for me thus far are giving up Cokes and portion control. I still eat whatever I want, just not 3 helpings! I hate exercise too, so don't feel bad, it's a Wade thing. I had a Bowflex 15 yrs. ago and hung laundry on it. Don't get focused on the scales, just do whatever you need to do to feel better about your body. You are already beautiful, just work towards feeling healthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome aboard! Our online community has many new mothers who are facing similar goals, interests and concerns! In addition to the recipe forums, we have different support groups that are featured in the General forum and under Family Focus! You are not alone on this journey, and the extra support from your Nutri-buddies can really make a huge difference!

    ReplyDelete