Tuesday, August 11, 2009

You've got to be kidding me...






This has nothing to do with being pregnant, but I had to post it anyway. This past weekend, me, Jason, his parents, and his sister and brother-in-law, went up to Indiana to my parents to "put up" corn. We had done it last year, minus Deb and Ray(Jason's sis and bro-in-law) and everyone loved the corn so much they wanted to do it again. Well..did we ever. 199 quarts to be exact. 60 dozen. I know what you're thinking, "have you lost your mind?" well, we thought so at first. It felt like it was never going to end. I lost feeling in right hand from cutting it off the cob, then I almost cut my pinkie off, so I quit. I told them I need both hands and all my fingers to change diapers in the near future. The guys tried to sneak away to "play", but I wasn't having any of that. I made a phone call and they were back in 10 minutes w/knives in hand cutting some corn. It was a really fun day though..we laughed a lot, ate some good food(thanks to mom and her pies, and Lynn's banana pudding). It was good to have the families together...:)

1 comment:

  1. I wish i could have been there for the pie! Looks like fun, maybe?

    ReplyDelete