Sunday, August 30, 2009

It really is a boy!!




Or, as my sister Joni called him, "the Chosen One". Hahaaha! We are SO excited and somewhat surprised. Everyone, and I mean almost everyone, predicted a boy for us. So we had the extra ultrasound yesterday at a place called 4D Peek Boutique in Franklin. It was the best experience! I loved it! We had my mom, Jason's mom Lynn, both sisters and all my nieces, except for baby Elye Kate. The ultrasound itself was projected onto the wall, which was huge! It was sooo cool! It was definitely a wonderful first ultrasound experience. I think Jason spotted "the boy" part on baby Corlew before anyone else. He said "what's that sticking up there??" The ultrasound tech said "Looks like you have a boy!" All the little girls started cheering! Grace was dancing around the room..it was so adorable and emotional. It's just a cool feeling to know our family will finally get to experience a baby boy! My sister Jenny asked her youngest, Lyla, who is a lover of all boy toys, if she was going to share her cars and such. She just grinned the biggest grin. I kinda wish now I would have had someone taking pictures..of course I think of this now. Afterward, Jason, mom, Lynn and I went to lunch(mmmm...chimichanga) dropped Jason off at home and us girls went to Kohls and bought some of the cutest little boy newborn onesies and sleepers. Whew...It was a fun day. So here's to you little Easton Daniel Corlew..we love you already.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, you should have taken pictures! Soon you will learn to carry your camera everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I can only imagine how exciting it was. I was standing in Dick's when you called and had tears streaming down my face when you told me. It was one of those times where you have a huge lump in your throat and can't get words out and the big ugly cry follows if you keep talking. The checkout lady was staring at me like I was a crazy lady!! I didn't even cry when they told me the gender of my babies. I am just so excited for you!!!!! Sorry I didn't call you back, Mama was in the car with the kids waiting for me and then we left for Cole's ballgame as soon as I got home. Glad to hear that you have a healthy little guy in there!! Can't wait to meet him!!! Love ya so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea! I'm so excited that you are having a boy--I know that your family is excited! Congratulations! I'm doing a baby shower in Sept for a baby boy--so, I'll have plenty of ideas if you need cupcakes :)
    LOVE LOVE LOVE the name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We're so excited for you! I went to Kid to Kid yesterday and wanted to buy so many little boy things.

    ReplyDelete